Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Journal Entry for February 17, 2016

I had no dreams to speak of.  Instead, I had a good wake up call without my alarm clock.

My son Ben woke after Blake woke up for at least the third time in the morning hours.  The fourth time was for good.

I got Ben's milk ready and he was ready to go after he had some to drink.

Ben, Blake, and I played some legos while we watched some "Special Agent Oso."  We all heard Ben say "OSO" while he was on the TV.  It's all part of the plan, more or less.

Ben ate well at breakfast as did Blake.  Ben had a good snack of goldfish crackers and fritos scoops.  Lunch was an entirely different matter for him.  I picked Ben up from his time playing with legos.  He got mad when I picked him up, and he got mad when he sat down for lunch.  Poor boy.  I felt really bad for him.  I wish I could have been able to do more  to make him feel better.  In the end, we took him down so that he could calm down.

In the end, for sure this time, the three things that made him feel better were some hugs from his mama, a cup of warm milk, and a nap with his 'doggy.'  I had o say goodbye to him as I was about to get ready for work.

Before I left home, I caught up on some shows from DirecTV's DVR, "The Chew", and "Atlanta Plugged In."

Here at work, I'm editing, catching up on "The Dan Sileo Show" on The Mighty 1090, the Jeff Kuhner Report from WRKO (thanks to Youtube), and "The Big Bang Theory" on Peachtree TV here in Atlanta.

I'm about to cook up some dinner and then watch the season premiere of "Survivor" on CBS.  I haven't eaten anything since I had an orange for a snack at 2:20PM.

This just in:  Ben took a dump in the toilet at home.  I missed it because I'm here at work.  My wife texted me with the glorious news.  Ben is starting to want to potty train!!!!!

I'm blessed with what I have, with what my wife has, and what our children have.  I'm going to pray about these things as soon as I get home.

I'm going to listen to my Boston "Walk On" CD on the way home and get me going.  I'm going to feel better about myself and look tomorrow squarely in the eye.


No comments: