Total Pageviews

Monday, February 1, 2016

Scary, Scary dream I had this morning

There's nothing worse than losing a child.  There's also nothing worse than either misplacing your child or one having it taken away from you.

My dream had me back at CNN.  This time, I took my infant son Blake with me to work.  I went to work at CNN for the first time in forever.  Before I started my new editing shift, I decided to get some food and drink at the newly built Einstein Bros. Bagels on the 5th floor.  I got a coke and a bagel.

For some reason in the dream, I executed this bad idea of leaving my son in his car seat across the walkway, a good ways away from where I was getting my food.  Blake was left all by himself and I had a ton of crap in one hand and my food and drink in another hand.  I could see the soda fountain right in front of my face as I was getting ready to start my day.

Not even moments before I could get to work, I discovered the horror that I created.  My son was gone.  Blake went missing.  I don't know who would have taken my baby away from me.  I was sad.  I didn't know what to do.  I didn't know who to call.  I couldn't have told any of my family because I would have had to admit a huge, potentially fatal mistake I made.

I was scared that something really, really bad happened to Blake.  Had it happened, I could never live with myself again.  I would never ever live again.  Period.  Ever.

In reality, I thankfully woke up and saw my baby Blake sleeping near me in his little pack and play.

He actually woke up (probably before I did).  Thankfully I could hear his squirming and squeaking as I was trying to get myself up and awake.

No comments: