Total Pageviews

Monday, February 8, 2016

Journal Entry for up to February 7, 2016

This past Thursday, I had a vasectomy.  That firmed up my decision not to have more than two children (which I have now).  Before that, I got some valium to calm me down and make me high as a kite afterward.

Later that day, I said goodbye to Ben as he got to go to Grandma's house for a long weekend.  Ben gave me a chance to relax and rest up for the upcoming week.

On Friday, I got to take Blake to daycare and have a rare lunch with just my wife shortly thereafter.  We had wings out at Lulu's Firewater Grill in Acworth, and it was glorious.

Later that night, we enjoyed some "Little Caesars Pizza" and some 'beverages.'  I can honestly say the pepperoni pizza was not bad for $5.  I was pleased.

We tried for two nights to watch the Netflix DVD "It's Kind of a Funny Story" before the DVD kept skipping and making loud random noises.  They were so annoying.

Saturday was a lot of running around in and out of the house.  The hardest part of it all was keeping Blake happy and keep him from crying a lot.  I felt bad for him because he's not used to being restrained in a car seat for so long.  I know that I would make a poor seat belt for baby Blake.

Sunday was big.  We got to get our Ben back after his grandma had fun with him for the past three days.  I missed him and I love seeing him say things and even turn on the lights.

Ben had a bit of a tantrum at the Shoney's in Central Georgia.  I tried to keep him happy by feeding him some fresh fried chicken.

The proudest moment of my weekend is feeding Blake some real food for the very first time.  I ended up giving Blake three fingers full of mashed potatoes.  He loved them.  I called them 'mashed taters'.  He ate them up as did his daddy.

What can I say, I love my starches.

We had a great time at the super bowl party my family attended.  I achieved some firsts in a super bowl party:  feeding a baby some baby food, drank a juice box, took my two sons to a party, and played referee to my boys at a super bowl party.

The boys were getting tired and we all went home at halftime.  I had a great time with my family and I hope to do it again at another super bowl party as soon as next year.

No comments: