Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Journal Entry for February 24, 2016

Blake woke me up a couple of times overnight.  I felt bad for my wife because she was doing everything he could to help get him back to sleep.  As I tell my infant son, sleep is so good.   I practice it, and I hope Blake will learn by my example.

I finally woke up just after 8 AM this morning.  Everyone including the cat beat me to the punch.  The good news for me was that I didn't ingest any caffeine until I had a cappuccino at a quarter after 11AM.  That's a record for me for the month of February.

Last Night, my wife picture messaged me some termite damage near the front door.  This morning, I addressed the termite issue while watching the "Today" show.  I called my exterminator for someone to come on over later this week.

I ate an omlette with ham for breakfast and some peas, green beans, mashed sweet potatoes, and some ham for lunch.

I had to get a Coke Zero for the long, rainy ride to work today.  Soon, I won't be able to do that because I'llbe living on a strict budget.

I'm looking forward to my trip to see my wife's family with her this weekend.

I had an interesting afternoon with editing here at work today.

I'm working on a pet project on some Southeast Emmy Awards work here this evening.  Soon, I'll have to kill out some media so that I can free up some space for editing.

Good news video game fans:  I finally passed LEVEL 471 in Candy Crush Saga.  Now I'll spend more time getting stuck on another level (hahahahahaha).

For the 11PM show, I edited at least six videos.  At least half of them were 'killed' out of the show in an effort to make room for new video.  One of those 'new' videos was one I edited as breaking news.  The breaking news was of a Downtown Atlanta shooting near a J.R. Cricketts Restaurant near Georgia State University.

I'm about half-way done with my pet project as part of the SOUTHEAST Emmy Awards.  I have until Monday to complete the job.  I want to finish this so bad tonight, but I won't be able too.  I have too many interests to stay focused on this one thing.

Tonight was not the night for me to do writing samples.  I simply was not feeling it and I hope that I will again on Thursday.  See, I'm in news writing mode with that previous sentence.  I'll be ready to provide this blog with some writing samples tomorrow.

Good night my friends.  I'll be here tomorrow.



No comments: